Piacentini & Son will not compromise on the health and safety of our employees, our number one priority. We take all practical steps through our management systems to ensure a safe and healthy working environment is provided for our employees, visitors and contractors and anyone else who may be affected by our business activities and operations.
Piacentini & Son shall drive a safe and healthy working environment by:
- Implementing and maintaining a safety management system, ensuring all hazards and associated risks are identified, evaluated and managed mitigating the risk to ALARP in order to maintain high levels of health and safety;
- Ensuring safety is a core value and priority with the broad goal of zero injuries and illness
- Driving high levels of responsibility, accountability and authority for health and safety throughout our workforce where managers and supervisors understand the requirements to implement remedial action;
- Providing adequate information, instruction, training, mentoring and supervision of our employees enabling them to reach their full potential, maintaining high levels of competency and encouraging a safe work ethic;
- Fostering a strong safety culture of our employees to comply with safe work practices, encouraging commitment to their duty of care avoiding injury and illness to themselves and others and minimising damage to plant and equipment;
- Maintaining full compliance with legislation, codes of practice and laws, internal policy and procedures ensuring prompt and transparent reporting of all non-compliances;
- Monitor, measure, analyse and assess health and safety performance to ensure effective safety management;
- Providing safe systems of work and practices, safe work places and facilities;
- Drive continual improvement and best practice to assess continuing suitability, adequacy, effectiveness and alignment with the business objectives evaluated at regular management reviews.
Piacentini & Son is committed to consultation and cooperation, participation and feedback from our employees and stakeholders in all matters health and safety.